MY CHILD THE MONKEY KING-BASED MONKEY.
- - - - - - -
Name: Jinlai Liu
Nationality: Republic City
- Acrobatics: A master of parkour, Jinlai scampers around jumping and climbing like a monkey.
- Bojutsu: Trained by her overprotective brothers from a young age, she utilises a martial arts staff to compensate for her small stature.
- Human Loudspeaker: (Very) Loud voice that carries well thanks to her years as a newsgirl.
Jinlai is loud, cheerful, and unabashedly/stupidly blunt. She'll call things as she sees them, often not realising when it makes people around her uncomfortable or flustered. Though usually laid-back, she has a childish temper that will flare up when she gets especially mad or embarrassed. However, she is overall good at avoiding her impulsive side.
She loves people and is always eager to meet more. Her job as a newsgirl keeps her at the forefront of what's going on in the city and she delights in leading tourists and newcomers around. However, she has a naive tendency to see the good in everyone and will often be confused by negative sentiments.
"Extra extra, read all about it!" Jinlai stood at the street corner, waving around the latest copy of the day's newspaper. "Latest pro-bending results out, championship seeds announced!!"
Passerby glanced at her and raised their eyebrows, more intrigued by her behaviour than by the news she announced. The girl was hopping from one foot to the other, her bag hanging precariously from the staff in her other hand. She flashed all the onlookers a big grin, and continued to shout out news: "Small ferry collision off the coast, no casualties! Investigators are looking into the cause!" As she talked, she spun around, almost dancing in place. She probably looked like a hyperactive monkey with that, but she didn't mind: it got people to stop and pay attention, which meant more papers sold and more interesting people to talk to.
An elderly man soon approached her, and she took the money with her biggest smile and offered him the paper. "Thank you, sir!! Please enjoy!"
- Is 5'1"/112 lbs.
- Youngest child and only daughter of a multiracial family (Father and elder brother are Earth/Metalbenders in the police force, mother and second brother are Firebenders working the family business)
- Family runs a blown glass shop
- Has a general idea of how to even the field with benders from growing up sparring with her brothers
- Friends and parents call her "Jinjin", brothers call her "Monkey".
you can make air benders too you now
Did you get accepted?
Wow love this character! Her design is wonderful and so is her personality!
Love her oufit and that pose! she looks so full of energy >v<!
She's looks fun! And she's a nonbender! I love how her outfit captures both modern and traditional part of the culture. Good luck!
she looks fantastic! good luck to you, and hoping that we can rp when registration closes, depending on what happens of course hhaha x]